Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Friday, September 10

Dorothy Plan

Two view of the gown because one highlights the partlet.  I will need to find a girdle or make one.  I have decided to attach the skirt to the bodice (wish me luck).  I will need to spend from $30-50 for Swarovski glass pearls.  In addition, I haven't decided if I want to line the partlet with blue or red.  I have red, but I could maybe find the blue.  Maybe stay with white.  Flat cap-- I know that is somewhat unusual for Tudor style to have a flat cap, but I have come to like the sun blocking effect.  The French hood or gabled hood would leave my eyes too exposed and then I frown all day, LOL!

I wanted a very late Tudor gown, but I needed it to be versatile enough for Elizabethan.  So the sleeves are where I made the most basic design I could.  I didn't buy enough velvet (way back when) to make the fantastic sleeves for Tudor-- originally the fabric was purchased for an Elizabethan bodice and skirt combo
Mary-- using the bodice design, skirt and partlet look
Sleeve concept

The sleeves
Color



Ciao for now,

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts