Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Saturday, July 17

Sigh

Ivan Bilibin. Dobrynya Nikitich rescues Zabava...Image via Wikipedia
Yesterday, I needed to express some creativity so I took about an hour or so and put the green second-hand dress on the dress dummy.  I cut up two seams, removed all but two buttons and folded the neck line down to bring the cleavage into view.  I then pinned ribbon and gauze to the garment to see what the new effects will be.  The next thing I did was to place mock-up fabric (old bed sheet) along the waist cyncher area.  The final touch in my mock-up state, I cut up the seams of the other, purple, dress and... ah, ah, ah!  don't want to reveal too much!  **wink**  I can say this, though, it is the start of my up-cycle Elven Series.  The title will be "Heather of the Fae Realm" from the Elven Series.  I hope to get it up on Etsy soon.  


My second-hand adventures earlier this week led to another find that will kick off my Faerie Series.  More on that when the time comes.


I do need to still cover the fantasy I am doing for a friend, but I am having trouble drumming up the gumption.  I do think I will move my sewing time from noon on to 6a-11a (extra if I feel up to it).  While I adore hot temperatures, my body I think is still getting accustomed to it and the afternoons get to hot for me.  So a schedule shift should be helpful.


At the moment, I am in Cloudcroft, NM enjoying a nice retreat.  I am sorely missing my retreat buddies from WA (Heather, Lynnette), but it is a nice location.


Ciao for now,

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I miss you so much in so many ways. I miss seeing your work in person. It is so wonderful. I feel so lucky to have a dress made by you.-Lynnette

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts