Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Thursday, June 24

Is it Procrastination or problem solving?

I have learned, mostly within the last 7 years, a lot about myself.  One of these things is applicable to my sewing adventures and that is this: when I am stymied by something I can't move past it.  I will puzzle about it to the exclusion of most anything else.. I have gotten better about just moving to another project until the old one solves itself in my mind.  But I have shied away from this until recent years because of the fear I may not get back to it.


Anyway all that to say this: I worked on bloomers instead of the leather doublet because I didn't like the idea of adding a zipper.  A puzzle.  So tonight I ran to the craft store to look at other options.  The ready ideas weren't possible, ie jean buttons (wrong style).  But God did help me to alight on something, and its period even!  I will do a lacing strip instead.  I felt so much better because I was concerned that by adding the zipper I would risk ruining the leather.  So tomorrow I will start afresh and should be able to get it into the mail either tomorrow or the next day.

I am glad God helps me-- I usually like the ideas when I listen to Him.  :)

Ciao for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts