Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Tuesday, July 6

two more hours

I have to two more hours to log today-- working on getting trim and bead work on the forepart-- but I am taking a break.  I am just a little blue today.  Don't know why, I mean I can't trace it to any normally known source.  I know I am impatient to get the trim and reeds and hair supply and essential oils in the mail, but I don't think that is it.  Maybe just a blue day.


Any-who.  The new forepart and sleeves will be sold as a matching set, but they are designed to compliment the Golden Velvet Noble gown I have at Etsy.com .  I am keeping them separate because sometimes all a wardrobe needs is freshening, and just like those in the renaissance, the most cost effective way to do this was to change sleeves and forepart.


On a personal note, Warehouse 13 is on SyFy tonight-- woo-hoo!  (And I am watching right now).


Ok
Ciao for now,

8 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful gown. Did you design the sleeves yourself? I love them. You are one of the fastest workers I have seen in a long time but your work looks like you took a lot of time to do it. What a fabulous combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Adele. The sleeves were copied from a portrait cir.1575 (if I remember correctly). It is the only portrait I've seen with these sleeves. It is also one of the very few times I've seen cinched skirts. If you go to Designs by Rhenn Etsy site you can see the portrait I copied it from.

    This dress was one I had made earlier this year-- I am just now getting to making sleeves and forepart to compliment it. And it did take a long time. Mostly because of the handmade piping; there is a LOT of it, LOL! That is why this gown costs so much. The green and gold Italian gown I have on Etsy is quite a bit less, because it took a lot less time. And both have the same items attached, ie sleeves, bodice and skirt.

    I have been blessed with your support and patience. Thank you, Adele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just one more question...how do you attach the stomacher? At Hever Castle they pinned it on with straight pins, very long and with a curl at the top so they are easy to remove. I've seen these pins at Pennsic, might be able to find on internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no stomacher. This was one of the few designs where I used an idea rather than the actual. So the 'V' in the front is attached permanently, not a separate stomacher.

    I have seen them laced in and pinned in-- though never personally, only while surfing the net or ready my sewing books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is your stomacher coming along? You know, Amazon Pickling and Drygoods might just have the pins. I know you can find something on line for them, but I think they still used printed catalogs: http://www.amazondrygoods.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. My stomacher is almost done, now onto the beading. I found a beautiful pattern from a 1590's sleeve and have used that. Wonderful flowers and vines. I'm putting beads in the centers of the flowers and beading the vines. I used silk thread to make the flowers, usually I use cotton but decided to go one step beyond the comfort zone! When its done I'll send you pics for your site

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I can't wait! Will it be done by August?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think so. I HOPE so. I made sleeves for the green doublet and have been trying out doublet designs using navy gimp. I don't want it to look too military but I do want a structured design. My daughter is studing for the bar so I have been babysitting her standard french poodle. It is very hard to sew with him around...he demands your attention!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts