Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Sunday, July 25

Vestment Disassembled

Pocket watch, savonette-type.Image via Wikipedia
I took the time today to get the collars removed and pinned from the chasubles and the trim and necessary seams popped on the stohls.  Tomorrow, it should be simple enough to reapply the collars and shorten the chasubles.  If I don't take the time to start the overskirt for the little girl, I will do the overskirt the morning of Tuesday -- which is also Pickle's Birthday.  We will be doing some sort of activity in the late morning and most of the rest of the day.  Wednesday, i will finish the stohls and get the vestments into the mail by Thursday.  I will then work on the bodice Thursday, sleeves Friday for the little girl garb.  I  will then get it mailed on Monday.  I will finish work on the fantasy for my friend during the week and get it into the mail nlt than Monday of the following week.

On another frustrating note.  The dog loves me so much he wanted to be as close to me as possible.  He demonstrated this by tearing up my oldest Chemise.  He apparently felt the same for Ashleigh because he destroyed her farthingale.  Ah well.  I needed a new chemise anyway and Ash may never dress noble again (she has me making a fantasy/steampunk wardrobe next).



An exciting note: I went to the second hand store today and found:

  • pocket watch
  • broach
  • orange dress
  • purple dress
  • taupe dress
  • Gray dress

All to be used for up-cycling Elven Series.  (Oops, pocket watch may be for ashleigh or other steampunk design.)


Ciao for now,

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts