Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Thursday, February 16

New Project Inspiration

I like that the center isn't the Camacia.
I like the shoulder puffs
Color scheme
So the inspirations for the new project are Italian.  I will be trying some of the techniques and ideas I have seen for construction on the internet.  Hopefully I come out with something suitably historical and beautiful!

The top left is the puffs I like.  They are two different sizes and fall gently off the shoulder.
Sleeves

The top right has a couple of things I love but only one I am using for this project: the colored center piece. Normally, the camacia is seen here but I really wanted to have color here and was thrilled when I saw a portrait showing just what I wanted.  I wish I could use the shell scallops seen at the waist and shoulder, but not this time.  

The Bottom Left has the sleeves I wish to use.  The slash and pulls are centered down the front seam but hen go at chevron angles on either side.  I think I will also try something similar to the chemise.  I like the sheerness and the way the ties dangle.  Though I think it may be the technique of cut and tie (or whatever it is called.  I won't try that, not ready for that time commitment, LOL!)

The bottom right is used for color scheme.  Mostly I needed justification from the fabrics I had on hand this is exactly the palette I have.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts