Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Wednesday, February 1

Winter and Spring

The "Lusty" Seen in Green, gold and
Brown and worn by Nichole. 2010
Two projects at hand for this next two weeks: "Lusty" custom and the first ever faerie upcycle.   I was able to get most of the necessary fabric and trim for the "Lusty" custom--you may remember the Lusty design from when my good friend had it designed fore her, Nichole.  She played one of the Marys to Mary Queen of Scots in the Midsummer Renaissance Festival in WA in 2009-2010.  The faire has since killed off Mary Queen of Scots and put in place Elizabeth I.  My personal opinion?  Well done.  I think that most folks want strong leaders represented at Faires and that is why we often see Henry VIII or Elizabeth I.  Though there are fantasy faires whose leaders are Arthur and such.  Usually strong leaders.  Mary Queen of Scots, while she may have been an interesting figure, didn't get to rule much. 


 I digress.


The Lusty measurements and fabric being in, I will recalculate because something came out not quite right when I worked on it on Monday.  So I will redo and then get the dress dummy and first mocks done (or dress dummy and skirt.)  If time permits, I will continue working on the faerie wings.  I think I have that down to 4hours for completion. That would be good.  I can't wait to get that into the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts