Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Friday, April 23

Yeah! Pickle and Nibbs' main garb is done!

The boys' garb is close enough that, even though we are without their flat caps, sleeves, and capes, they could wear the garb to next weekends excursion to the Scarborough Renaissance Festival.  I hope to get good pics later this weekend, or next week, when I get their caps and sleeves done.  The capes will come later this summer.


Here is the Pickle:


Pickle's doublet chevron's were done by using the buttonhole/overlock stitch option on my sewing machine.  The "V" of the top portion is was merely created by apply trim to separate the bottom portion from the top.


The ruff at his neck and wrist is edged using the same stitch used to create the chevrons.


I simply need to add plackets to Pickle's doublet and canions.

Nibbs sporting a doublet with studded collar, jerkin with pinked skirting tabs, and venetians/galligans.


His ruff has a loose zig-zag stitch along the top edges at the neck and wrist.

There are 17 fabric covered buttons down the front.  I used my lingerie stitch attachment to make a fine 1/8" seem; then using my overlock/button hole stitch setting couched the strip.  I then cut the strip into 17 segments to make the loops for the buttons.


Ok to other business items now.


Ciao for now,

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are adorable and I love the garb on them! Do they mind wearing that type of clothing? I could never get my daughter to wear any Elizabethan garb-all she wanted to wear was "wench wear".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They are my experiments for men's clothing, LOL! They actually don't mind too much. They complain but experience has taught me that if we don't bring a costume they change their mind and get sad that we didn't bring it even though they said they didn't want it! LOL! Now they just asked that I don't make them paned slops this time. So they each got a different style.

    My daughter is a bit different. I have sewn for her since she was 4 years old-- someday I will post the one pic I have of her from the Bristol Renaissance Festival (1997). At about age 13 she put her foot down. Then suddenly, at age 16 she was willing to let me sew noble for her again. Of course she had criteria: no bum roll and she got to choose the design. Here is a pic of her in nobles: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c245/darcien1/2009/summer%202009/Ren%20faire/5175_1056599224692_1517204851_30133.jpg But last year (2009) she started noble then switched to peasant squire: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?op=2&view=global&subj=1670937158&pid=30645603&id=1491004570

    She often does my beadwork. now that she is turning 17, I may be losing my beader, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts