Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Wednesday, May 12

Hip-hip-Huzzah!!!

I ran to Hobby Lobby for some fusible interfacing (which automatically states I picked up even more fabric than I ran for) and then headed home.  I checked the mail box as I came up the drive and noted the mail man had come.  However the front porch was decidedly bare.  I sighed and physched myself up for a phone call to the company in question to ask if the fabric had shipped, etc.  A munchkin (I call him that only because he is my child-- in no way can he be mistaken for a munchkin) greeted me at the door and told me my fabric had come.  Woo-hoo! Not only was there a package of fabric I have been waiting for over 10days, but the stays had come too!  In less than 3 days! 

And there is much rejoicing!

The linen, though, may have been worth the wait.  It is a fine weave and little to no slub.  And the cost was pretty good too.

Ok to work now.

Ciao for now,

7 comments:

  1. Darcien, will you post a picture of the jerkin/bodice before you mail it? I will be in the country until Saturday, so I will be able to view it before I leave. Thanks Adele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to, but I also was thinking that I should hold onto it until you can ok it-- that way I can make changes if you see something you are not satisfied with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. Was that fabric (green) easy to work with? The reason I chose it is because I have some elizabethan garb that is made of the most beautiful jacquard and that color was throughtout the fabric. The over skirt is navy and that green will really make that outfit "pop". Can't wait to see the pictures! Thanks Adele

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed working with it-- especially with the interfacing. I hope to see the whole thing once you have some pics.

    While I have your ear-- I made the tabs 3"x3.5"-- this made for 15tabs along the waist. Is that sizing ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sizing is great. But 15? I usually get 11 or 13 tabs per bodice, are they over lapping? I don't want them to over lap, so whatever works is fine. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want to talk real time you can email me at v-adeleb@microsoft.com. I think you will be able to get through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The measurement along the peak and such is: 46.5. The waist measurement that I had to go with was 45". The extra accounts for the "V". Will quickly post a pick sans tabs.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts