Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Tuesday, June 29

Prototype Corset up for Sale

I thought the corset would be less expensive, more cost worthy for those on a tighter budget, but even after adjusting my wage/hr down it still ended up being almost as much as the silk shell corset.  The difference only being in the cost of materials.  There was as much handwork as my original style.  I think that if I can utilize a glue stick and my machine more, I could bring the cost down to a more reasonable price.  Also, if I use metal grommets instead of hand couching the 20 holes (about 2.5hrs just in the couching).  I would like to have noble options for those who can't afford the more costly, but I also want to present a nice courtly appearance.


I will experiment again over the next couple of weeks.  I have a chemise and corset to make as a custom request starting tomorrow-- which reminds me!  I need to get linen and reeds ordered tonight.


I will also do a set of sleeves and forepart to compliment the golden dress-- but to be  a set sold separately.  After that, I may do either a ready-made man or ready-made girl or boy.  Two customs were put off due to account for customers needs- -so I will have a little time to do these other ready made items.  All of this after a custom that I promised a friend about a year ago (or during, depending on measurements and materials getting to me).






Ciao for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts