Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Wednesday, July 14

Under to hand

Sir Martin Frobisher by Cornelis Ketel, circa ...Image via Wikipedia
The under-doublet is down to hand work.  This means hand sewing the lining down.  I can only go so far as I am awaiting hook and eye strips from my friend (she has a store near her that has one side-one yd segments for $1.  So for 1yd both sides it is only $2- -compared to the normal $5-6 for 1/2yd.  Even with shipping to me, it is still a huge savings).  


Now I will cut the the over doublet-- oh, crud!!! I just realized as I look at the close fitting under-doublet the venetians may be too much!  Argh.  I guess I will have to make something between venetians and canions.  Anywho, I will get the over-doublet (normally this would actually be a jerkin, but it will able to worn on its own, so it is a doublet) cut and tomorrow sewn down to handwork.


I am trying to get everything down to hand work that I can so that I can take it with me when I go on a retreat this weekend.


Ciao for now,

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts