Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Wednesday, August 11

12hour day

The silkworm cocoonImage via Wikipedia
I put in a 12hour day today-- can only bill for about half though.  I am working on sleeves for a customer and had to redo until I felt it was close the pics we are using for reference.   I manage to get one sleeve down to the addition of lining.  The other will have to wait until tomorrow when I can make a 45min trip to Las Cruces, NM to hopefully find another 2yd of trim!  Ugh.  And, too, I am accustomed to using upholstery/decorative fabrics for my costuming endeavors, but I had to use apparel silk and it isn't as wide-- coming only in 44" width instead of 54-60".  What this means is that I had to make panels instead of using one continuous length, in order to get the length that is needed. Well I calculated that I wold need 4.5 panels.  Only problem is that I can't have a half panel and still get the length I needed.  So I have to back to store to get the right amount for the last panel.  Ugh.  But I believe, barring lack of supplies at the stores, that I will have them all completed by bed time tomorrow night.


I really love the fabrics and color choices she sent, a very classy appeal. 


Ciao for now,

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the choice of fabric, I'm trying to empty out my fabric stash! Remember you don't have to hem the skirt or put fasteners on. Don't forget a 3" band is needed. Can you call the store and ask them to send the trim? I will gladly pay for the shipping. I packed up Verity's gown and have sent it. Her mother has not told her a thing, wish I could be there when she opens it! You did a really great job, Dar!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts