Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Wednesday, February 29

Second Italian Design done!

I completed the gown and chemise yesterday and posted pics today.  It is a gift from me to my niece and I feel comfortable posting here because I don't think she frequents my blog or actual Etsy store unless I post it on Facebook.  But I am excited because I think it turned out nice.

The Chemise has my very first attempt at blackwork.  While I am sure an embroidery pro could do a better job, I feel confident that my skills will only improve.  The blackwork design comes from this website and she allows the user to sell the design on a project just not a digital copy of it.



The overskirt is lined with a deocorative band on the bottom of the lining to peak out beneath the outer layer.  The bodice is lined and had a "V" at the wast in back.  The Sleeves have one thing I would change and that is I will hand each sleeve as a whole instead of splitting it in two.  I don't like the seam it creates.  I love the puffs at the shoulder though.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts