Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Friday, August 3

Justified

I was justified.  Actually, my husband says it was so.  He has visions of the GarryOwen Brewing company logo on everything.  Me?  I needed for the most pressing custom request, but I too have visions of future practicality.  Namely, I would like to offer not only simple unadorned garments and hand embroidered options, as I already do, but offer quick, pretty options of machine embroidery.  The unadorned covers the lower cost range and the hand embroidered is the higher end.  The machine embroidery will hopefully cover the middle ground.


So I did purchase an inexpensive (just in case I find the whole affair not to my taste and can dump later) embroidery machine that hooks up to the computer.  Behold ! (cue celestial lights) 
The Brother SE400 with USB port.  Cool, hugh?  The embroidery space is small, so I imagine one day I will desire a professional style one. But I think for now, this will do.  It has a 4x4 hoop but I think i can upgrade to a slightly larger (still reading the manual).

The gown I used to justify the timing in purchasing this beauty can be seen on my sewing blog Mistress Rhenn's Costuming Notes.  I am working on of Padme's senate gowns (cut from the movie, but can be seen on the blue ray/dvd(?).  Ok off to bed so I can be up early and figure out why the neck line is not quite what I had wanted....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts