Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Wednesday, August 29

Cleaning and Training

Star Wars Queen Amidala
INVASION gown, Episode 1
Ashleigh has rejoined our household!  And has also offered to work for me.  I showed her my long, very long, really very long, list of projects,ideas, and needs and asked her which she wanted to tackle.  She said she wanted to learn to sew.  She does great hand work already, so her training is going to include drafting, cutting, and use of the sewing machine.  Don't worry, I have her working on our private list of sewing projects first.  But she will very quickly pick up the skills and we will see her helping to tackle DbR projects.
Star Wars Queen Amidala
Senate Gown (cut from
the movie), Episode 2

The Star Wars costumes went into the mail on Friday.  I knew I'd have to take a day to sleep and recover mentally, but alas my body demanded two.  So I started back to work on Monday, doing the mundane but necessary tasks that were pushed off until the two Star Wars gowns were completed.  Today I start measuring and cutting a new set of sleeves for a customer.  It will be a nice "quiet" project for this week, a little less demanding, leaving time to get to the other business side of things.  

I am working on sewing blogs to help other Star Wars re-creators on my sewing blog.  You can view the appropriate blog posts by choosing from the "labels" (padme) list at the top of the Mistress Rhenn's Costuming Notes page.  I will try to get them completed soon.  Right now I just have the beginnings of the senate gown posted.

We may have our first physical presence at a fair in November.  This hinges on whether we can find a tent to rent or buy within our budget.  Otherwise, we will be planning for future fair participation now that we have started working on what can go in a shop of ours.

Lastly, we are currently booked through mid December, however this is not set in granite, just softer limestone.  So if you desire to have us consider a project or wonder for someone else's benefit, please contact us and we can see what we can do to accommodate.

Tah-tah for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts