Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Tuesday, October 9

Stage 1 Debut

The New HATTIE gown, sleeves, bodice, forepart, partlet
and tall hat, 2012
This past weekend we attended the opening weekend of the Texas Renaissance Festival and had a great time.  So much so, we are hoping to return before the final weekend (November).  I had only tried on my wardrobe one time before (Scarborough Renaissance Festival) and had at that time learned that I needed to make some adjustments.  I did some adjusting the week before TRF but never tried anything on.  So, just in case, I brought two back-up wardrobes (yeah, it was a lot of fabric and steel).  However, I did not need the extra garments--the adjustments I made were perfect and I LOVE my new gown and hat!

This is stage 1, part A and can be worn forever in the state it is currently; however, I do have plans for further developing the gown's design.  I want this gown to have a hunting/sporting feel so the base is from wool (lined in silk and inner lined in cotton)--a durable wardrobe and easy to move in.  To further the concept of sporting wear I will add a leather doublet, a pair of gloves, and a full cape.  When those items are finished, stage 1 will be complete.

The gown is to have a second life, however.  The skirt is currently prepped on the underside for the alter-ego manifestation   For the alter-ego, I will reuse all the pieces (turning the overskirt inside out) except for the sleeves, forepart, and hat.  A new belt will be added as well.  But that stage is a secret, shhhh.

I am getting to the first prototype for the shop this week, the second prototype started, and hope to finish the faerie upcycle that has been on the back burner for so long.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts