Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Thursday, September 13

Bumroll is done

My new bumroll with embroidered medallions (Sunflower)
My new bumroll is complete.  It is Ashleigh's first real project that she handled from beginning to end with just verbal instruction from me.  We embroidered it on my embroidery machine.  It is an example of our LARGE bumroll (circumference of 9.5" around the fullest part of the back).

Now she is working on a new corset for me.  I made a mistake in my instructions which has developed into a new product.  Look for the "PRYANA" corset offering in the near future on our Etsy store.  We will eventually be offering embroidered corsets as well.  It is amazing how much an embroidered medallion costs.  The machine embroidered medallions cost about $2.72 each--no matter the size-- in time and materials.  Which explains the jump in the cost of hand embroidered items (like my hand embroidered caul vs a plain caul).  The materials are about the same, but the time would be, of course, so much more.

The extremely low pile velvet arrived yesterday, so, I am going to start the SUSAN prototype construction Monday.  I will be working on the computer with drafting and such tomorrow.

Today, I will be working with another new apprentice: Nick and his Wizards 101 costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts