Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Tuesday, September 21

A Store

Ren Faire Two
There is a store here in El Paso (well, two) that I would label as my favorite.  It is a hole-in the wall sorta place where only one or two people speak English, but they have a fabulous selection of trims that I would use for Ren Faire garb as well as wools for phenomenal prices. John bought his entire wardrobe worth of fabric to make his "Ezio"  fantasy garb for about $60; these were a combo of wool, cotton and some other unknown fiber.  Ezio's costume is two long-tuxedo style doublets and a pair of pants. We bought 10 yrds of fabric.  The wool was $3/yd, cotton was $3/yd, and the funky fabric was $6/yd.
  
Ashleigh had to span two stores (the other favorite) to get hers and only spent about $75-- hers included leather!  She also bought a little wool and cotton.  The leather was $1.99/sqft so she spent $60 on leather.  That is hopefully enough for bodice and pants.


IN ADDITION!  When I first bought the teal trim I have used on my gown, I didn't have a set plan so therefore I didn't have enough for sleeves when I finalized the design.  But today I found a perfect trim that I can use on the sleeves and add a touch to the bodice to tie it in nicely.  I got plenty to use on a hat maybe too.  And to top it off: it was only $0.89/yd.  Normally, I think I would have paid anywhere from $3.50-$5/yd.


I love good buys!


I had James and Nick try on their garb from earlier this summer.  It had been made new this year but I needed to be sure they still fit after a whole 3months worth of growing.  And they did!  Nick does need a new pair of trunk hosen and he chose pansied slops-- I was surprised!  I thought he had the same aversion to the style as his older two brothers who prefer venetians/galligans.  So Nick will receive a new pair of pansied slops; both boys will get a new set of sleeves; and if I have time may produce new capes.


BTW, the lady in Green in the pic above is known at the WA Renaissance festival as "Lusty" one of Mary Queen of Scottland's closest friends, another Mary.  In the pic she is wearing the gown and cape (and corset and chemise and farthingale) we made for the 2009 ren faire season.  The sleeves and forepart were a new creation for this years season.  She purchased her mask from someone else.  If I find out who I will let you know.




Ciao for now,

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts