Get Your Last Minute GIFT CERTIFICATE

Virtually! Just in time for CHRISTMAS! With each gift certificate a link for a virtual catalog from Designs by Rhenn is supplied or a printed copy can be mailed-- buyers choice.

Thursday, February 9

Two steps, Negative One Step

From time to time, I make a mistake.  Sometimes I make it over and over.  Thankfully, at almost 40 years old, I have learned to be patient and go head and start over instead of finagling.  Don't get me wrong sometimes finagling brings about some amazing work--human ingenuity and God's inspiration and all.  The skirt was one such instance of where I made the same mistake over and over and finally figured out what I had done wrong.  So, I lost about 8-10 hours of work but it is all right now.  So, now I can finish the skirt today and the handwork for the doublet.  I am hoping to get the sleeves calculated and cut today and sewn tomorrow.  I may wait on the forepart until my mind (and God) solve the problem I foresee with it.  I am working with silk and it can be frustrating when you want to attach trim AND want it to remain flat and unpuckered.

Ok, time for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts